PROGRAMS THAT HELP
The Care Trak program allows family members to track loved ones, who are impaired and have a history of wandering from their home. Care Trak is a mobile tracking system, that uses a radio frequency wrist band to locate individuals.
When an individual wearing a transmitter is reported missing, the local certified Care Trak law enforcement agency can start the search using a radio tracking system. You want Care Trak, because if someone is missing for 24 hours, their survival rate drops to 50%.
No search has lasted more than 30 minutes using Care Trak.
Criteria for Program
- Must be a resident in a designated village of Porviso Township
- Documented diagnosis of: Autism, Alzheimer’s, TBI or Developmental Disability
- Must be under continuous 24-hour supervision
- History of wandering or at risk of wandering
- Difficulty in communication skills
Care Trak Fees
To participate in Care Trak there is a monthly fee of $8 per month. This includes the transmitter, bi-monthly battery and wristband replacement. There is financial assistance for those to qualify.
- Bellwood Fire Department
- Broadview Fire Department
- Hillside Police Department
- Melrose Park Police Department
- Westchester Police Department
(Units are available for purchase).
Proviso Public Partnership Search & Rescue Programs Information:
Community Support Services
Web site: cssservices.org
Web site: aspirechicago.com
Phone: (708) 236-0979
Proviso Area for Exceptional Children
Web site: PAEC.org
Phone: (708) 450-2100
Care Trak Web Site: www.caretrak.com
Care Trak Program is Funded by Proviso Public Partnership. To access services contact Janet Arrieta at: (708) 240-4435.